Thursday, August 22, 2013

Throwback Thursday | Rockin Robin



My first Throwback Thursday!

I found a recital CD from 10 years ago! Can you believe it has been 10 years!? That means this was taken in 2003! How time flies. So I decided to do screen shots of one dance in particular and maybe do some more in the upcoming weeks of the show because I did a lot of dances during this particular show. It is kind of nostalgic watching it and I definitely miss it.

This by far was my favorite from that show. The theme was Color Me Dancing and it was all about color if you couldn't guess. The dance was called Rockin' Robin and we danced to of course Rockin' Robin by Bobby Day.

I love the costume and I was getting tickled by the feathers all through the dance but you can't really tell. The skirt was just strings like the Hollywood version kind of thing. I loved the head piece the most and I remember begging my mom if I could wear it to school but she said no but I really loved the head pieces at the time.

This was a tap number and I loved the tap numbers the most. I also just realized that whenever I did tap I was always front and center. I did not know that before but watching my tap dances I was always put in the front and I was very tall for my age which you'd think they would put me in the back. It makes me proud to think that they thought I was a great tap dancer and to be given that honor makes me so happy. That is why I loved tap maybe because I had such passion for it.

And since I did that 'I Miss Tap Dancing' last Tuesday I thought this would be perfect to show off after doing that blog post because of how much I miss it!

I hope you liked my throwback. I can't wait to do more! If you want to see a studio picture of the costume I put one on my dance history post.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
| tumblr | twitter | instagram |
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make my heart do pirouettes!