Saturday, August 31, 2013

Dance Diary | 12th Week of Ballet

Hi everyone and welcome to my 12th week of ballet class! Sorry this is a little late but my faithful laptop died Sunday night and wouldn't turn on anymore. I took it to my dad's but it couldn't be fixed. So, if you are wondering how I am writing this blog post well, I got new laptop! It is so pretty and it is hot pink! I thought I would update because it is just so lovely.

As for dance everything was fine this week. I had a morning class which wasn't all exciting but since not having an 8am college class for a while it was kind of straining and I really felt tired right before my 3pm ballet class. I've gone 3 weeks without having to go to my media class but now that I am starting again it is really taking my energy. Besides that I am pretty much fine the whole day.

In class I got the same spot as last week and we did the same exercises we did last week so not much to update with. We did get to have a few minute talk with our dance teacher to help motivate us and do some explaining which was I guess nice. Having talks like that really do help and encourage me a lot more.

The only thing we did different this week was pirouette practice. We are preparing ourselves to do some pirouettes and all I could think was finally! This is what I've been looking for! We are doing some practices to straighten ourselves even more so that is good. My only problem is my balance. I am doing badly with that and am falling to quickly. That is the number one thing I am going to work on from now on so I can see some improvements. Our teacher says by December we should have our pirouettes so yay! First we did them t the barre nd then in the center. We aren't really turning just yet just half way to familiarize. I guess I like that we are going slow and just getting into it which is great.

We didn't do any floor exercises or stretches this week which I a kind of happy about so I won't be sore all this week like last week and we didn't do across the room because we did some much barre and center doing turning exercises. Other than that, that's what we did!

Sorry this had to be a little shorter than normal but I really need to finish my thesis and I just snuck in a quick post to satisfy me. Again, see you next dance diary update!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
| tumblr | twitter | instagram |
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make my heart do pirouettes!