Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I Miss Tap Dancing!


So I wanted to write this because since I started doing ballet I kind started to miss tap. I mean I was more of a tap dancer than a ballerina so when I'm in class I forget that it is ballet and my feet kind of just tap. Does that make sense? I know that some of the moves can be similer but I end up tapping it and I am so glad my teacher doesn't notice.

In my last dance diary. I said I brought my tap shoes to the studio to do some tap exercises and I loved it. The studio I go to doesn't offer a tap class and so this was new to them to see. There is only one studio I know of in my country that offers a tap class and it is across town from where I dance at now. The studio is pretty far and since I live in the country area the city is pretty far from me and both the dance studios would be a 2 hour drive for me if there is no traffic and there is always traffic. I'm still debating when after I graduate if I want to go and take a tap class. I sacrifice my Saturday's to go to my current studio already and if I went to both that would be a problem as for commuting there. It is just a thought for now though.

I was in the zone and the people just starred at me in awe. I liked it a little but it was kind of strange like I was doing something wrong. But tapping again was so thrilling. I enjoyed it so much and I felt special that I have this talent and can do it. Since it is rare for others to see I thought it was nice for them to experience it isn't common dance around here so that made me feel like I was the only one who could do it.


When I saw this on tumblr, my heart broke. I mean I am starting to see that tap isn't as popular as it was and it is sad because it is a beautiful art form just like ballet. My dream since I was a little girl was to become a dancer teacher. I know some girls dream to be a professional dancer or even a prima ballerina but mine was simple. I wanted to own my own dance studio and teach ballet and tap. I hope one day I could teach tap and get this dance more popular again. It would be nice to see more tap dancing and it wouldn't fade away.

I hope you liked my tap talk! I really miss it and I am trying my best to do as much. Maybe on the weekends I can start up my old tap routines and do them again but maybe without tap shoes since the neighbors might go crazy if I start tapping in my apartment. Well I'll see you in my next blog post!

xo
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make my heart do pirouettes!