Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Stretches I Do at Home


I got home early today because it is University week on campus and since there is so much going on we got to go home early. Also we don't have to go in tomorrow or the next day because of a huge celebration. I'm too lazy to go to it so I am going to go get some hours at my internship so I can finish and yet I don't want to finish it just yet.

So, since I was early I decided to do some stretches! I put on some music in my room and started doing some simple tendus and to start off with. I also did some releves, I keep my feet parallel then I lift my feet to demi pointe (in relevĂ© position). I repeat this several times until I get tired or my feet cramps up.  I hear this helps your calf muscles, tendons and ligaments which will get all stretched out so they are ready. I've also notice that the releves help improve my balance so that is what I am struggling with. I did that for about 15 minutes. I don't do anything to extreme at home yet but maybe later on I will.

Next I just sat in a side split while I was messing browsing blogs and my instagram feed. I am trying to improve my spits and since learning that stretch in class I'm trying to get as much practice and more stretchable.

After that I just got a chair and started doing some feet exercises. I do these because I was on a blog that recommended them to strength your foot for pointe and I am trying my best to make them ready so I can get there faster. First I get a small ping pong ball and then I pick it up a few times. This helps strengthen your toes, your arches, and your ankles joints. I usually do it while on the computer.

Another one I do is when I am just sitting around the house.I usually just draw the alphabet with my foot while its pointed. I do it in cursive and then regular. I sometimes do numbers but my ankles hurt after I do all 26 letters so I usually switch feet. I do this when ever and what's great is I can do it sitting or standing. I sometimes do this during class and I feel like I get strange looks.

The last thing I did was do some choreography work. I am trying to do a tap routine and it is doing good. I just started messing with some steps and all of sudden I was making a dance. It is so cool. I wasn't planning on doing this but it turned out great and plus it is one of my dance goals to start doing more tap stuff.

If anyone has any ballet barre routines they recommend from youtube please let me know. I am trying to see if I could build a PVC ballet barre at my place and once I get that done I can do some routines whenever I have some time off from classes.It is another goal I am trying to set which is practicing at home. Also how do you stretch at home. I only do basic stuff so I would like to know what you do.

Hope you found this helpful! I also might be taking a ballet class tomorrow since I have no college class! It's late though, the class starts at 7 and ends at 8 but I think I might do it since I have no class the next day too. And an extra day of dance is good, right?

*weheartit
xo
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make my heart do pirouettes!