Thursday, July 18, 2013

Meeting a National Ballerina!


Can you believe I met a famous ballerina!? I can't believe it either! In my last blog post I talked about going to the company's open rehearsal and one of the people who attended was the Philippines national ballerina, Lisa Makuja-Elizarde. She is famous for doing ballet here and it was a priledge for me to talk to her and actually meet her. My aunt was ecstatic as well and a little more of a fangirl than me.

She looked amazing and was so kind when I asked for a picture. She didn't turn me down and even asked how long I was dancing for. I couldn't believe I was talking to a real live famous ballerina. It's not everyday you meet someone like this. In my whole dancing experience I think I have only met a handful of famous dance people. I might have to do a blog post on the others I met sometime.

I kind of regret not wearing something more formal. As you can see I was in my leotard and tights with just sweatpants and a coverup. I think I even had legwarmers on but not really sure. But it did get me noticed and I think I was the only dance student form the school to watch the company event so it was okay I guess. I hope to get to meet her again because I would love to hear more about her career in person and what it was like going all over the world to perform these princpal parts.

I hope you enjoyed hearing about me meeting a famous ballerina. Have you ever met one? It is such a dream for an aspiring dancer to actually met someone you want to be just like.

xo
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make my heart do pirouettes!