Saturday, July 20, 2013

Dance Diary | 6th Week of Ballet


So, if you didn't notice I didn't attend last Saturday's ballet class because of the storm we had. I had class in the morning and went to that and I was going to drive down to the studio but the rain was so harsh and the wind was just terrible and I knew I wouldn't be able to drive away from my campus and an hour and a half away from my house in that kind of storm so I had to miss it. I was so upset about this and really wanted to go to class. This was my first time missing it and I promised myself that no matter what I would go even if I was sick but I just couldn't drive through it and risk an accident or getting stranded in the city. I'm glad I took a class last Wednesday or I would have felt worse that I didn't take ballet that week. It was almost like a sign telling me to go to class on Wednesday.

This week though, I thought I would be a little behind and I feel like since I missed a week I would have trouble again and that my body will be sore. I did get used to it again though and it was like all the other times I did class.

We are still doing technique and improving. I am getting better in holding in my stomach and trying to remain nice and long. I think I'm doing okay and even if I'm not in class I am starting to form a habit of holding in everything and improving my posture. I felt like I slouched before but now I am slowly learning to elongate myself.

I'm not getting corrected as much like the other girls who are always getting yelled out for doing something wrong. But I did get corrected with my allonge. I always seem to flick my wrist and I was told that it is bad but I have been doing it that way ever since I was little so I need to train myself to stop flicking my wrist. I was furious with the teacher because I am not just a ballet dancer but also a tap dancer and I used to do it before to give it an effect when you dance so it is not so plain. I really had to think to stop getting my wrist to flick out when I do my routines. Other than that I am remembering to stand tall, point my toes and I am hoping with dear life that I can balance.

My big problem I seem to have is balancing when I am on my toes. I can do it but I think since I have so much weight in my that my toes are having a little hard time balancing all that weight. I can hear my ankles crack when I first go up in relleve but then I am fine and find my center. I just have to improve my balance and I will be fine.

I do have good news this week. We have a recital coming up! I thought it was going to be in December and there is one which will be a full production but this August our recital is going to be happening. They do it every quarter and so there is one in August, December and March. You cannot believe how excited I am and when I found out I was so thrilled and couldn't wait. I have something to look forward to know that is much closer. I was so excited for December and planning things but now I have a small recital to plan for. It is also an evaluation which I know I wont get promoted or anything but it is exciting. We don't have full costumes this time which is a little sad but I do get a skirt and we get to dance in the main theater which is great. I am planning on bringing my whole family because when I was in the US, it was only my mom and dad and now I can bring a whole army with me. I have an aunt who is actually considering to make me a banner and block peoples view and shout my name and give me a standing ovation before I even start. She is so sweet and is definitely my number one fan now and so is her daughter. She is two and loves to watch me perform so I can't wait for that.

Another good point is I got an I.D. Which is not a big deal but to me it was. I just kept on starring at it and as you can see it might not be fancy and made out of paper and laminated yet I love it so much. The picture is from way back in high school because that is all I had and I use that picture for pretty much anything. You'd think I would get another one done soon. I do love my drivers license picture which is rare cause you look awful but I look great in mine. I wish I could use that one instead though.

I hope you enjoyed my dance diary this week. I hope not to miss anymore but I will just have to see. And I also am so excited for recital day and I hope you guys are to since it will be my first time to perform on stage again after a long time.

xo 
Jackie

1 comment:

  1. I think the badge is a big deal too. If I got one that's how I'd feel too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You make my heart do pirouettes!