Saturday, June 29, 2013

Dance Diary | 3rd Week of Ballet


I did better this week! I still feel like I could do better but I wasn't so disappointed or sad when I got home. So class this week started out the same as the previous weeks. We did the same barre excersizes and added a few new moves. I forgot though how much grand plies hurt. We did more of those and my thighs were screaming by the time we were done.

This week we did focous on more strecting and trying to get our muscles flexible instead of working on technique. I'm glad because I lost my flexibility after quiting for 5 years and I have got the basic moves down so getting strected out is better for me. We did stecthes for arabeque and other leg streches to really get loose. We did some barre stretches and then some floor stretches to really get it going and make ourselves more looser than we are. I discovered I have some tension and doing this made me more looser and calmer.

We also did some jumps in the center and since we were not doing it seriously we had fun with it and I didn't notice how bad I was at landing. It was quite fun jumping and not just doing the ballet moves but to actually just let go of the stress. My teacher thought it would be fun to end the class with some jumps and to loosen our muscles from the workout we just did.

After the class I did have to wear my leg warmers because it was cold and raining out and I knew that would be so bad for my now stretched out muscles. It did feel nice and warm and I left them on even though i took my dance clothes off. They seemed to comfy to get out off. But getting home I felt horrible and so sore already and I knew in the morning I would feel so bad and it did happen. I woke up with sore muscles especially my thighs and shoulders. I was expecting this the first day after ballet but this is the third week and I am now just sore. I guess it was going to come sooner or later. I did follow on and stretch so I could be more flexible.

I might have a conflict with school! I might need to go to a class on Saturda because the professors are changing the schudule around and I might miss dance because of it. I am trying to reason with them because I am working for the ballet school also and I'm not just dancing for the company. I hope this gets sorted because I am paying a lot of money for this and I intend on not quitting ballet.

I guess this week was okay and I am looking forward to next weeks as always!

xo 
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You make my heart do pirouettes!