Monday, June 10, 2013

Welcome to A Dancer's Fairytale!



I just wanted to start off and say welcome to A Dancer's Fairytale! This is just an introduction to my blog and a little about me. 

To introduce myself, my name is Jackie and I just turned 20 in April. I am in college taking up a bachelors in communication and media which is just a course that covers all types of media and lets you try different field you plan on going into in the future. There are so many and we get to embark on each subject to learn something different in the media industry.

I mostly love writing. If you couldn't tell why I have a blog then it's because I love writing. It is one way I can release my creative thoughts. I'm not so verbal which is hard for me being in this type of course but I can get through writing something so much better. I don't always write blog posts, I also write novels and shorts stories when I have time but lately I took a break from my current piece I am writing and I go back to it from time to time.Writing for me is just a little escape from reality and I enjoy that very much.

I just got back into dancing and I wanted to document my experience. I grew up as a dancer and I really regret quitting for 5 years. I'm glad I am going to take some ballet classes again and see how it goes from there. I took up ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical and hip hop. My dream is to get on pointe like most ballerinas dream of but since I quit I didnt go all the way to pointe and I regret not having the chance but now that I am working myself up, I hope I can get there.

Besides dancing I have other hobbies like watching TV. I am obsessed with TV shows not so much movies though. I can spend days watching a brand new show or re watching my favorites. During my free time you can probably find me with my laptop in my bedroom wearing comfy pajamas having eating junk food while I catch up with my shows. 

As for my blog, well I just wanted to write about dance and how I am getting through it. I plan on blogging Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday because that is when my schedule isn't very hectic. Since, my dance class is on Saturday I plan on posting what I did that day and what my experience and what i felt and what I learned that day. I just want it to be a journal entry day. I am so excited to get this done and start blogging my adventures.

xo
Jackie

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the ballet world! You shouldn't ever give up on you're dreams. Ballet is amazing and very enjoyably, wether you're the one dancing or watching. Thank you for checking out my blog and subscribing, and your blog header is majestic and pretty, by the way! Have fun on your adventures and as always, keep dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment! I am glad to be back dancing and it feels amazing!

      Delete
  2. I recognize myself in your story! Good to know there are more young dancers out there that have re-entered the world of ballet. I'm also a serious tv show/series addict... And boy you've taken up a lot of dance classes to begin with! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so sweet! I'm glad I'm back and I know I have taken so many dance classes but I love the variety. And good for us being TV watchers!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! You make my heart do pirouettes!